Ontario College Transfer Agreements

Please note that currently, the Transfer Guide contains only leads for publicly funded post-secondary institutions in Ontario. If you are visiting a private institution in Ontario or an institution outside Ontario, you should contact the admissions service of the school you wish to visit or visit its website to find out if your credits can be transferred. Whatever the reason, according to the Canadian Federation of Students, in 2010, Ontario students spent about $40 million on dual courses when they alternated between programs or institutions. If you are interested in changing programs or institutions and qualify for the transfer, you can save both the time and money spent repeating courses, and they may also acquire course exemptions or advanced positions in your new program, which can help you acquire your registration information earlier. The value of your transfer depends on the similarity of your courses with those of the new institution and/or how the courses you took are associated with the requirements of the new program. Once you have been accepted, you must have your credits assessed. The credit assessment process varies by institution, but it is likely that you will complete a bank transfer request, provide an official transcript of your previous institution, and provide a detailed overview of the courses you wish to transfer. Some institutions may charge a fee for credit assessment. The Ontario College University Degree Completion Accord sets out a set of principles for the development of closing agreements between publicly funded colleges and universities.

Through this type of arrangement, higher education institutions and at least one university negotiate a articulation agreement under which graduates of a degree obtain full recognition of a university degree. Any agreement is subject to the approval of the relevant government bodies of the institutions. Dual Credential programs allow you to combine a university degree with an Ontario degree or certification program. For example, the York School of Communication is an alternating enrollment program at Seneca College. There are also several factors that take institutions into account when granting a transfer, including whether you have met the grade requirements for a course or if you have achieved a minimum MPA for a program, as well as the length of time you have completed a course or program. Colleges and universities also have what is called the residency policy, which requires you to have a certain percentage of a program in their institution to get your registration information. Transfer credits are determined by the university/university you wish to visit. Changes and updates to these transfer options are made during the year.

Loyalist College strives to ensure the accuracy of every opportunity; However, changes may occur with respect to program offers, admission requirements and transfer credits granted by participating institutions. Students should check directly with the transfer university for the most up-to-date information before applying for a program. While there is no provincial process for remittances, Ontario Colleges and the province`s universities have encouraged them to work together to develop collaborative agreements between institutions. These agreements include loan agreements, closing programs, simultaneous programs and successive programs, as well as joint and integrated programming. Ontario Colleges has developed a new website specifically designed for students who want to learn more about transferring credits between Ontario colleges and universities. The site provides a large amount of information about the transfer, including what it is and how it works, how to use ontransfer.ca to find transfer possibilities and much more.